Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Scented Djinn's Hydrosols

The Scented Djinn is building up quite a collection of hydrosols, and more are coming in the near future. A few customers and friends have told me they're using the hydrosols in some of their products -- the lime has found its way into a lime and coconut perfume, and the kombu sea kelp was poured into a batch of soap! Talk about multi-purpose!

Some people think hydrosols are limited in use, but I'm here to tell you, it ain't so. Did you know you can drink them? Add them to cake batter for a touch of flavor and scent? Imagine a lovely white cake with a hint of key lime or luscious nectarine flavor. What a treat! And as some people have been doing, adding them to their own creative processes -- perfumes and soap!

You can spray the hydrosols on your wet hair after a shower, or even add a bit to your scent-free conditioner for a little extra oomph. What hydrosols do for your skin is beyond amazing. Add them to your facial scrubs or simply use them as toners or skin refreshers. It's all good.

2 comments:

  1. Your absolutely right Justine ~ hydrosols are wonderful and so versatile!

    My current uses: I use a high altitude fine lavender hydrosol [purchased on my recent trip to France] which I spritz on my cleansed face just before applying moisturiser, for a little added moisture. I also use a little dash of orange blossom hydrosol in my morning coffee prior to studying. I read in an article by Jeanne Rose [I think!] that it can help with coffee related jitters so gave it a go... I love coffee but it does make my eyes skip across the page. It certainly does help!!

    I could have bought a multitude of hydrosols whilst in France, direct from distilleries, but the room left in my suitcase did not permit it. Cornflower, Elderflower, Melissa and Orange Blossom are the four I did buy ~ I just wish I could buy these in Australia!! :-(

    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elderflower? I wonder how an elderberry hydro would turn out? They grow in abundance in the Sierra Nevada mountains -- about an hour away. A road trip may be in order soon :)

    Yes, orange flower in coffee, I think that was Jeanne Rose. I've put lime hydrosol in cake batter and it turned out so nice. A great light summer cake. I also add a teaspoon or two to water or tea.

    Hydrosols are very versatile.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails